We focus extensively on risk mitigation through our active involvement with portfolio company management, as well as investment structuring..
VPEG is particularly well-suited to identify companies that not only are positioned to mature into highly scalable, highly profitable ventures, but also have the ability to serve as platforms to launch additional profitable business units. Companies that fit this profile are often in need of “smart” money and management assistance to accumulate resources, identify relevant contacts, and secure strategic partners. VPEG provides all of these elements, as well.
VPEG’s disciplined vetting process enables it to identify those businesses that have sound business models, clear paths to market, a defined and motivated customer base, and a management team that is both competent and coachable. VPEG employs its broad network to fortify the vetting process, as well as provide strategic relationships, post investment.
Fundamentally, the VPEG:
- Evaluates the viability and sustainability of a potential portfolio company’s business model
- Validates the value proposition from the perspective of both the broad market and its target customers
- Reviews how the company ‘goes to market’ and gains market share by assessing the sales and marketing plans
- Analyzes strategies for both growth and exit
- Assesses the management team’s ability to execute and adapt, particularly in light of market downturns, or other challenges
WE ARE OPPORTUNISTIC WITH OUR INVESTMENT DECISIONS AND TARGET HIGH GROWTH, HIGH IMPACT INDUSTRIES INCLUDING:
ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES
INNOVATIVE AND DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGY
- Medical Technology
- Food and Food Security
- IoT Connectivity
- Green Technology
ENTERTAINMENT AND MEDIA
- Technology Platforms
- Content Development, Optimization and Dissemination
More specifically, our due diligence process assesses the following in the vetting of potential portfolio companies: